Sunday, October 31, 2010

Response to Camille's "Save the Whales, Save the Poop" blog


At first I was very indecisive as to which blog I was wanting to write a response to but I quickly decided that I wanted to find an interesting blog that I could have fun commenting and responding to.  With this in mind, I was searching for this blog and came across one that appealed to me: our TA, Camille’s, blog.  Her blog "Save the Whales, Save the Poop" at first glace comes off as kind of grotesque and maybe even a little humorous but once you read further you realize there is a deeper, more serious, and more significant topic being discussed.  I really liked reading about the effects whales have on the ocean ecology, and how their feces are important to the well being of the ocean.  While these animals have been proven to be important living and dead, there is a chance that these animals could be in danger along with the other animals and aspects of the ocean whales positively affect.  This is because of Whale hunting.  Whale hunting is malicious and is effecting, and will continue to affect, the dynamics of the ocean until it is stopped.  One of these dynamics being: the nitrogen level of the ocean.  Whales give off nitrogen that is exerted into the ocean, thousands of tons a year, if whales are slowing dying out, as is the amount of nitrogen.  Personally, I am an animal lover and enjoy learning about the marvelous and astounding things that animals do that go unnoticed.  So Camille’s blog about whales and how their feces are truly needed in our oceans was interesting to read about and I immediately knew it was the perfect blog for a response!

No comments:

Post a Comment